Junior Officer / Political Section
The Embassy of Hungary in Washington, D.C. seeks a Junior Officer to support the work of its Political Section. The individual will be working directly with the Political Section diplomats, providing assistance in the daily tasks of the Section. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with a probationary period of 90 days, followed by at-will employment. The Embassy offers an appropriate entry-level salary, and high-quality healthcare coverage.
- Conducting research on U.S. political developments, policy positions;
- Drafting briefing materials in advance of meetings with counterparts;
- Organizing and supporting meetings with external stakeholders;
- Assisting in the organization of events hosted by the Embassy;
- Preparing meeting memos and reports;
- Drafting social media posts about key developments;
- Conducting administrative tasks such as managing correspondence, maintaining contact information, and supporting visiting delegations;
- Other tasks as needed: driving, logistical tasks, supporting other Sections of the Embassy.
- U.S. work permit, clean record;
- University degree in International Relations, Political Science or other relevant field;
- Familiarity with Israeli-U.S.-Hungarian relations, issues related to the Middle East and activities of leading Jewish Organizations in the U.S. is an advantage;
- Excellent writing skills in English (Hungarian is an advantage), ability to proofread and edit documents;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with others in an international environment;
- Accuracy, proactivity, creative problem solving skills;
- The ability to work with tight deadlines and manage time effectively;
- Ability to work in a high stress, fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Driving license.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV and Cover Letter with contact information to Mission.WAS@mfa.gov.hu by January 25, 2019. Please include “Junior Officer / Political Section” in the e-mail subject line. Candidates will be contacted throughout the application process.
For any questions about this position and the application process, please contact Dr Zsolt Hetesy, Deputy Chief of Mission via e-mail at Zsolt.Hetesy@mfa.gov.hu.