Declaration of Settlement Abroad

How can I apply?

You may apply at the representation in whose consular district you reside or during an extramural consular dayIf the applicant is under 18 both parents should appear in person. You may also apply through mail, in which case please have your signature authenticated on the application form by one of our honorary consuls or by a notary public. The form should be signed by both parents in the case of minors.


How much is the fee?

The declaration of settlement abroad and the registration of data of Hungarian citizens living abroad are both free of charge when the application is submitted in person. For any applicable fees, please click HERE. We only accept money orders payable to the Embassy of Hungary.


Which form do I need to fill out?


What documents do I need to submit with the application?

  • valid passport or Hungarian ID card
  • address card (only in case of declaration of settlement abroad)
  • if the applicant is under 18 – Hungarian birth certificate
  • if you apply through the mail and sign the form in front of a notary public, please attach a data sheet and a form for personal identification both completed by the notary public and a copy of his or her commission. In the case of minors, both parents should submit a form for personal identification.

If you declare your settlement abroad, the present address card will be revoked and replaced by a new one.


How can I schedule an appointment?

You can ask for an appointment directly through our Date Reservation System on the following website:




Additional forms for mailed-in applications signed in front of a notary public