Welcome to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary
Contact information for all Hungarian consular representations in the United States, as well as information on various consular services are available below.
- Please note that we can only accommodate clients with appointments. We cannot accept walk-in applications!
- To make an appointment: https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu/home
- Visa information and appointment: email@example.com
- Please bring confirmation of your appointment with you. All relevant forms and supporting documentation can be downloaded from our website and must be completed in advance of your appointment. Please do not sign the forms.
Consulates and Representations in the United States
Information on all Hungarian consulates and honorary consular representations in the United States, including contact details and services provided.
- Consular Section of the Washington Embassy
- New York Consulate General
- Chicago Consulate General
- Los Angeles Consulate General
- Honorary Consuls in the United States
- Extramural consular days in other cities
Detailed information about Hungarian citizenship and the citizenship application process is available on the following pages.
- About Hungarian citizenship
- Application for the verification of Hungarian citizenship
- Renunciation of Hungarian citizenship
- Simplified naturalization
Registration of Life Events
Information on the Embassy's services related to the registration of life events, including births, marriages, and deaths, can be found on the following pages. Information on the acknowledgment of paternity, legal name changes, and obtaining vital statistics certificates from Hungary is also found here.
Other services pertaining to the registration of important life events:
The following information is available on passports and other travel documents:
Information about notarial services, including the authentication of signatures, copies of documents, and translations that are available at the Embassy. Information on diplomatic legalization of American official documents for use in Hungary is also available.
- Authentication of signature, copies of documents, translation, and certificates of life
- Diplomatic legalization
- Legalization of authentication by a notary public
Should you have any questions pertaining to services on which information is not provided, please send an email to appointment.WAS@mfa.gov.hu.
- Obtaining a certificate of good conduct
- Declaration of Settlement Abroad
- Marriage in Hungary
- Adoption from Hungary
A comprehensive list of all consular and visa fees payable in the United States can be found in our fees table. Click HERE.