Obtaining a Certificate of Good Conduct

How can I apply for the certificate?

You can apply in person at the representation in whose consular district you reside or during one of our extramural consular days.

Please note that due to the extremely sensitive nature of the data we are in no position to accept applications from intermediaries or representatives, e.g. immigration consultants or lawyers.


How much do the certificate and its translation cost?

You find information on the fee for obtaining the certificate, and any applicable fees (service fee for applications submitted during extramural consular days; also consular assistance fee is applicable in certain cases) HERE.

All fees are payable only by debit or credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, Discover).


Which form do I need to fill out?

The form can be downloaded from this linkEnglish instructions will aid you in filling out the Hungarian form. Please complete the form in block letters in accordance with the rules of the Hungarian language.

Please indicate if you require an official English translation of the Hungarian certificate. 


What documents need to be attached?

  • A valid photo ID.
  • Please provide a prepaid, self-addressed, trackable return envelope.
  • Provide your phone and e-mail contacts.


How can I schedule an appointment?

You can ask for an appointment directly through our Date Reservation System on the following website: https://ifr.mfa.gov.hu