Hungary may be a small country, but it packs an awful lot within its borders. Easily accessible, in the heart of Europe, there is diversity in its landscape and its culture and a living folk heritage that is worth exploring. Come for a city break, or for a longer vacation, Hungary is an ideal choice. Travel alone, or with friends or bring the whole family along, we can assure you that everybody will be satisfied. Discover Budapest, also called the Pearl of the Danube and enjoy its architecture, galleries, festivals, spas, food and wine and many things the city can offer. Take a day trip and see the countryside with its living folk heritage and Enjoy the famous Hungarian hospitality. Let’s start the journey together.
Please click here for a welcoming brochure.
Country information, capital, language, electricity, climate, time zone, religion, European Union.
- Landlocked country in Central Europe, bordered by Austria, Slovakia, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Croatia and Slovenia.
- Anthem: "God, bless the Hungarians" - "Isten áldd meg a magyart"
- Capital: Budapest
- Official Language: Hungarian (Magyar)
- Form of Government: Parliamentary Republic
- Accession to the European Union: May 1, 2004
- Area: Total - 93,030 km2 (35,919 sq mi)
- Population: 9,942,000
- Religion: 54.5% Roman Catholic, 21% Reformed (Calvinist) Protestant, 6% Evangelical (Lutheran), 18.5% other
- Time zone: Central European Time (GMT+1)
- Daylight savings: between end of March and end of October CET+1 (GMT+2)
- Electricity: 230V 50Hz
- Electric Plug Details: European plug with two circular metal pins
- Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Drive on the right.
- Internet TLD: .hu; .eu
- Date code: yyyy.mm.dd.
- Telephone country code: +36